- Early Childhood
- Licensed Teacher
- 3 years of teaching experience
- Teaching Credential/License
- Annual round-trip airfare to/from the home country of record upon completion of the initial contract.
- Housing allowance provided on a monthly basis
- Embrace and encourage the ethos and standards of excellence as defined in Metropolitan School values.
- Deliver the required curriculum; demonstrating accurate and up-to-date knowledge of curriculum and subject matter.
- Plan and deliver quality lessons to motivate students. Create and utilize appropriate materials and the classroom environment to cater to different learning styles.
- Show written evidence of planning and preparation on request. Establish and maintain records of curriculum and year plans, attendance, teaching resources, assessment plans, etc.
- Ensure the school's policies, procedures, and codes of conduct are followed at all times.
- Teach students according to their individual needs using appropriate teaching strategies that meet student needs and abilities; including late joining students, ESL, limited academic ability, gifted and talented, etc.
- Set and mark work. Assess, record, and report on the academic development, progress, and attainment of students and use assessment to ensure the curriculum meets the individual student’s needs and potential.
- Display competence in using media and technology in the classroom.
- Promote the general progress and well-being of students and guide students on educational matters.
- Communicate with professionals outside the school where appropriate and requested by line manager (i.e. Ministry of Education officials, accrediting entities officials).
- Participate in appraisal and performance management procedures and professional development.
- Work alongside faculty team members on the preparation and development of teaching materials, resources, and courses of study.
- Participate in, and lead where appropriate, the co-curricular programs in the school. Promote good working relationships through active leadership and sharing of ideas, materials, and experiences.
- Monitor and supervise safe and appropriate student behavior. Plan and implement strategies to encourage self-discipline and positively manage disruptive behavior.
- Model and encourage cultural awareness and understanding and promote a love of learning and inclusion.
- Assist in the planning and organization of school events and functions (i.e. inter-house competitions, concerts, school plays, prize days, etc.).
- Communicate and meet with parents regularly promoting the school's philosophy and values; keep parents regularly informed of students’ progress while respecting the confidentiality of student-related information.
- Initiate effort and energy beyond the typical workday, where the tasks require additional commitment.
- Attend staff meetings and serve on committees as required.
- Perform other duties as requested by direct & dotted reporting line managers/supervisors.
Metropolitan School will deliver an outstanding American education whilst ensuring that Egyptian values are central to school life, stretching the minds of our students to equip them with both a passion for learning and the ambition to make a difference to the local and global communities. All students will have the opportunity to become involved in community service projects making a difference to the lives of people who are less fortunate than themselves. We will educate with the philosophy of building a new generation of entrepreneurs, by encouraging the spirit of entrepreneurship.
ObjectivesIn an outstanding school environment, Metropolitan School will develop a vibrant community that recognises the value of diversity and inclusion. We will encourage creativity and the spirit of entrepreneurship, challenging our students and ourselves to achieve ever-greater goals. In preparing our students for future prosperity, we will ensure that they understand the value in creating a sustainable world and serving the wider community. Finally, we will ensure that our school is a happy place, where children and our staff, enjoy learning.
Firmly grounded in our Egyptian culture, whilst embracing an international perspective, our values guide our behavior in building a successful community.
Ethics and Manners: Being respectful, demonstrating humility and choosing wisely. Pursuing Excellence: Having high standards and being the best that we can be.
Celebrating Diversity: Expanding our horizons, listening to others and growing together.
Entrepreneurial Spirit: Creativity, exploring our passions and taking calculated risks.
Teaching in Egypt gives you the chance to immerse yourself in a land rich in both culture and history. From the Nile to the iconic Sphinx and Pyramids, it’s a country that calls out to be explored. Situated near the border of the Middle East and Africa - it’s an exciting gateway to two enthralling continents.