Elementary School English Language Co -Teacher
- University Graduate
- 3 years of teaching experience
- BA or BS degree.
- Fluent in both languages, Arabic and English with at least one of them as the first language.
- To assist the teacher in planning collaboratively, in the context of the PYP and the AIA curriculum, to build on student knowledge and expertise, develop significant units of inquiry, accommodate a range of ability levels and emphasize connections between curriculum areas.
- To work with individual students or small groups of students to reinforce learning of concepts or skills as designed and prescribed by the teacher.
- To use a range and balance of teaching strategies to differentiate learning in coordination with the teacher.
- To encourage students to be critical thinkers, involving students actively in pursuing relevant units of inquiry, and maintaining a supportive climate for the needs of second language learners.
- To guide independent study, enrichment work, and remedial work set up and assigned by the teacher.
- To guide children in working and playing harmoniously with other children in a variety of settings.
- To assist the teacher in setting up activities in the classroom.
- To assist with such large group activities as drill work, reading aloud, storytelling and supervision of children during recess and play period.
- To check and record student attendance and performance
- To actively participate in professional development with the aim of continually working to improve learning for our students within the learning culture of AIA and the philosophy of the IB PYP.
- To be familiar with the values and beliefs expressed in the philosophy of the IB PYP and to work to translate them into daily classroom practice in an international environment.
- To maintain a professional demeanor and regard for the image of the school and the support of colleagues in all activities, duties and requirements of the school as assigned by the Elementary Principal and PYP Coordinator and outlined in the policies of the school.
The Arab International Academy was founded in Doha, Qatar in 2016 with the goal of establishing a high-level private international school that provides a challenging and well-rounded international educational experience. To achieve that goal, we have drawn on the very best of international thinking in our choice of curriculum and approaches to 21st century teaching and learning. AIA is an International Baccalaureate (IB) World School for the Diploma Programme (DP), the Middle Years Programme (MYP) and the Primary Years Program (PYP).
Because we know that it is when employees are comfortable and feeling good about the work they are doing that they do their best work, we strive to make sure that you are as comfortable as possible while working in Doha. In addition to paying for your visas and medical exams, we have a great team to help you through the process of settling down in Qatar.
Once you are here, we will help you settle into your private apartment and help you take those first steps toward making Doha your home. We will provide bus service between your housing and the school and will organize shopping excursions on a regular basis. Our hope is that once you come to school, your living situation will be organized to the point that you will be fully available to give your colleagues and students your best. In order to help you with that, we have a full slate of professional development activities planned and will also differentiate your learning to meet, as much as possible, your individual needs.
Our hope is to create a dynamic, interesting, and respectful environment for both students and staff, a learning environment that no one will want to leave.
Qatar is a popular destination for educators interested in teaching in the Middle East. Teaching jobs in Qatar are open to licensed teachers, and typically require 2 years of previous experience.